21 March 2012 Note: Larry Ewashen has posted a report from his talk on the Doukhobor March and Sons of Freedom protest on his website, as well as photographs from the Bridging the Past conference. I’ve linked his report below in the list of presenters and here.
2012 Hope History Conference, ‘Bridging the Past’, is from March 2nd to 4th and is organized jointly by the Hope Museum, Christ Church National Historic Site, Free Rein Associates, and the Seventh Day Adventist Church will be held at Christ Church National Historic Site.
Look for more details on Facebook, posted on the Christ Church Historic Site’s page. For more information and registration, contact Inge Wilson, at the Hope Museum, 604-869-7322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Early missionary work & The Great Indian Gathering in Hope – Darla Dickinson
– “Gold Mountain” – the first multicultural community – Lily Chow
– The Fraser Canyon War – a clash of cultures. – Dr. Dan Marshall
– The establishment of First Nations Residential Schools – Father John Tritshler
– Chinese Immigration and the CPR – Lily Chow
– The World War II Internment of Japanese-Canadians & Tashme – Linda Reid & Irene Tsuyuki of the Japanese Canadian Museum
– The Doukhobor March & Sons of Freedom protest – Larry Ewashen