Location: Frederick Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia, 8:15am – 4 pm, Friday, 17 February 2012.
The Association of Canadian Archivists Student Chapters’ 4th annual International Student Symposium “Unpacking the Digital Shoebox: The Future of Personal Archives”.
Speakers and their topics:
- Elizabeth Yakel – “Other People’s Data: Disciplinary Traditions and Data Reuse”
- Babak Hamidzadeh – “An Iterative & Evolutionary Framework for Digital Repository Development”
- Philip Bantin – “An Evolving Partnership: Managing the Digital Output of Academic Faculty”
- Catherine Hobbs – “Centring Ideas of Personal Digital Context on Behaviour and Mindset”
- Patricia Franks – “Virtual Time Capsule: Sharing Our Lives and Times with Future Generations”
- Jeannette Bastian – “Putting the Archivist in Community Archives”
- Randall Jimerson – “To Transcend Myself: Narcissism and the Digital Attic”
- Erik Borglund – “Personal Record Repositories, within the Police, a Hidden Knowledge Reservoir: A Talk about How Police Officers Keep Personal Records for Future Use”
Attendance is open to all information enthusiasts, students, and faculty.
For more information, check out the website: