THE BRITISH COLUMBIA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY’S MISSION
The British Columbia Genealogical Society’s mission is to serve and to grow best practices, and is dedicated to discovery, collection, preservation and access to family history research.
THE SOCIETY’S VISION
Using collaborative leadership, the British Columbia Genealogical Society will provide a sustainable environment for meaningful learning opportunities for all.
- Members of the BCGS have been actively researching and preserving their own and British Columbia, Canada’s genealogical heritage since 1971.
- Members’ genealogical interests are worldwide and the Society’s activities and Library collections reflect this.
- The BCGS has a special interest in British Columbia and offers BC research services.
- BCGS meetings and seminars feature guest speakers, beginners, intermediate genealogy classes and special interest group sessions throughout the year. See the BCGS calendar or the Events page for more information.
- The BCGS is a member of the international Federation of Family History Societies, the British Columbia Historical Federation and the Canadian Historical Association.
- The BCGS is incorporated under the Society Act of British Columbia and has charitable status with Revenue Canada.
Read or download the BCGS Constitution & By-Laws – .pdf format. [bylaw; bylaws ]
Telephone (at BCGS Library & Resource Centre in Surrey)
FAX (at BCGS Library & Resource Centre in Surrey)
Postal address (all mail is to be sent to this address)
P.O. Box 88054, Lansdowne Mall, Richmond, BC, CANADA, V6X 3T6
* General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Membership: Membership@bcgs.ca
* Cemetery Committee: email@example.com
* Webmaster: Webmaster@bcgs.ca
* The BCGS Quarterly Publication: “The British Columbia Genealogist” , Editor M. Diane Rogers: firstname.lastname@example.org Direct all mailed article submissions, suggestions and paid Genealogy related advertisements to the Society’s address in Richmond, BC.
* BC Research Query Requests: email@example.com Please direct all requests for research or record lookups, etc. to this e-mail address. Check our BC Research Information Page to view what we offer.
* Publication Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org Please have a look at our Publications Page for the most current price list of BCGS publications, including an Order Form.