– free publication of articles, queries and surname interests in The British Columbia Genealogist journal
– free subscription, if requested, to the BCGS’s e-newsletter, The Offspring, full of up to the minute genealogy and family history news.
– free attendance at year round BCGS general and special interest group meetings; discounts on many BCGS special seminars and events,
– free access to the BCGS Library in Surrey (not including borrowing privileges)
– opportunities to join BCGS research projects.
For BCGS affiliate groups, BCGS
– each year, mails one copy of each of the four issues of The British Columbia Genealogist, and sends via e-mail issues of the BCGS’s e-newsletter, The Offspring.
– promotes group events, activities and projects on the BCGS website, on Facebook and Twitter, and in the BCGS journal, The British Columbia Genealogist, and broadly to BCGS members and friends.
– offers advice and assistance in cemetery recording and related projects, and on paper, digital or on-line publications through the BCGS Cemetery/Publications Committee and the BCGS Editor and Webmasters. Suggestions for joint projects and/or publication are welcomed.
– includes your group’s information on research services, meetings, contact details and other relevant information in the BCGS BC Genealogical and Historical Organization Directory on-line.
– arranges field trips to the BCGS Library for groups of your members, when requested,
– co-operates with affiliate member groups in organizing special events, speakers’ series and seminars, and for the BCGS Boutique’s participation in affiliate’s events and activities,
– promotes and encourages local and provincial genealogical and family history research, raising awareness and sharing information about local, provincial and national genealogy and family history related issues.